Saturday, March 26, 2011

gardens

I had a dream last night that was really cool. 

I saw an old man on his knees in a garden.  He was hot and tired and kept pulling up weeds, getting more tired and aggravated with each one.  Then, another man walks up.  It was what I imagine Jesus to look like.  Jesus got down on His knees next to the old man.  He used His sleeve to wipe the old man's sweat from his brow and just said "I'll help."

The old man watched suspiciously as Jesus rolled up His sleeves and reached down and began pulling up the weeds.  The man finally said, apologetically, "I only have this one set of gloves..." holding up the gardening gloves he was wearing. 

Jesus never looked up from His task, but He smiled and said "Oh, I don't mind getting my hands dirty." Then He looked up at the old man, winked, and went back to work.

I woke up after this dream and it took me a while to go back to sleep.  I have never felt so full of love for Jesus before in my life.  Even now, as I write this, I am so happy with the love inside me that is turned towards Jesus.  How beautiful a man, how kind a savior, and how humble a king! 

It was a wonderful reminder that I am not alone in the weeding process of my life.  It feels like I am, but this dream reminded me that He loves each of us so completely, and His love is not a tidy love.  It is a love that gets it's hands dirty and loves us through the dirt.  Can it get any better than this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment