Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LOL

Ah, yes, the infamous "lol" that we all type without meaning it.  I probably actually laugh out loud 20% of the time that I type it.  That's right; I am a fake lol-er.  I confess the truth.  But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

But I have a positive use for laughing out loud that I have incorporated into my life again.  It is an old jedi trick that my sensei taught me.  (Aimee Roof, props to you on this one...)

The other day I was meeting with Stacie, my accountability partner, and we ended up taking a look at a lie that I have been believing my whole life.  It was one simple lie that I believed at a very young age.  But that one simple lie has twisted and darkened so much in my adult life.  Once I asked Jesus what the lie was and what His truth was, it was one of those lightbulb moments of my life.  I was so happy and relieved to see the truth that can now untwist and light up those parts of my life.

So, here is the big secret of success that I am going to share with you.  When you hear a lie in your mind, LOL at it.  I'm not kidding.  Try it.  Aimee taught me this a while back.  We would say lies out loud that we had been believing, then laugh ridiculously loud at the lies.  It works.  Once you say something untrue out loud and laugh at it, you realize how silly it really is.

I'm telling you, laughter is like biological warfare against the enemy.  He hates it.  I try to live my life with a lot of laughter, which is easy considering the goofballs I live with and do church with.  But I think it's important to really take the initiative to laugh at those things that Satan tries to throw into your path to mess you up.  Here are some examples, just to make sure you really get this:

thought: "No one thinks I'm pretty."  response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
thought: "I won't be able to pay rent this month." response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
thought: "everyone just saw me pick that wedgie and they are judging me." response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See?  It's super easy!  I do recomend not doing this at the grocery store, but the car is a great place.  The bus works too...people wouldn't even give you a second look on the bus.  So try it and enjoy the new freedom of having fun while pissing off the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment