Saturday, April 16, 2011

SOS

This is not a cry for help.  SOS is a new term that I am praying out for my life.  It stands for "spirit of sustainability."

On new years, Landon and I got words for each other that were for the entire next year.  His word for me was sustainability.  I took that as a type of challenge, like this word was the new expectation for my life.  I thought this meant I was expected to be reliable in all things and not make any mistakes, not look back, always be spiritual on-cue.

Last night I stayed up late talking to Noah and confessed how this word has become such a burden in my life.  Noah explained that I have been looking at the wrong definition this whole time.  I looked up sustainability today and this is what it says:

SUSTAINABILITY: to “maintain", "support", or "endure”.

Well that is totally different than what I thought!  Those are all things that I can do!  It reminded me of such a cool word that I got this year from Derek. He found the word fortitude and the definition and printed it out for me and I keep it on my bathroom mirror to keep it in mind.

FORTITUDE:
Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage.
The ability to endure hardship without complaining, despondancy, or murmuring.
 
I think both of those words go together so well.  It really encourages me to remember that I have the ability to choose how to respond to a situation; I can be offended, hurt, or hopeless.  Or I can choose to believe the truth of what God has said.  And if God says these words are who I am this year, then I recieve that SOS!  I also would like to share.  Anyone else want some?  You got it!  I bless you with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment